Please forward these instructions to your professor. Please note: exceptions take a few hours to go through our system.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTRUCTORS
Create a Student Exception in SmarterProctoring
If have approved an extension to allow a student to complete their exam, you will need to make an exception for this student in SmarterProctoring.
You can make the exception by following these instructions:
- From your course in your learning management system (Canvas, Blackboard, etc.), find and click SmarterProctoring.
- From your instructor dashboard in SmarterProctoring, locate your exam and click on the 'Edit Exam' link located next to the Exam Dashboard button.
- You will come to a page titled 'Update Exam'. Scroll to the bottom of this page and locate the last section titled 'Student Exceptions'.
- Click on the green button labeled 'Create Student Exception'.
- Select the name of the student from the dropdown menu and click next.
- Proceed to set the exception for the student and be sure to click 'Save' in order to make the change final.
- Inform the student as quickly as possible that you have created the exception so that he/she may reschedule through SmarterProctoring.